Job 1:20-22, James 1:2, John 11:35
1. God is always worthy of worship
2. God allows His peope to suffer to refine and strengthen them
3. Everything God does is based on His infinite knowledge of all things.
God’s compassion and mercy are woven through all He does.
God’s glory is not served by denying the reality of grief and tragedy, but by passing through tragedy with the hope of resurrection.
1. Appointment of Elders
2. Qulifications of Elders
3. Responsabilities of Elders
John 14:25-31 Jesus provides divine peace for all who trust in him for salvation and avail themselves of the means of peace that he supplies.
God is Our Savior. Paul works for God, and the Church. God works for His people.
The one big idea: Grace is the act of free an unmerited favor that flows from God’s chesed (unfailing) love and finds its highest expression in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
1. Since only God’s grace enables me to do anything at all, I must always guard against thinking too highly of myself or my accomplishments.
2. It is a great tragedy when people presume upon God’s grace to the point where they despise it even as they seek it. May this never be true of us.
2. Repentance is a divine demand and forgiveness is given only because of divine grace not because of human sorrow.
One Main Idea: Jesus will never leave or forsake His followers. Instead, they will share in His eternal life, and He will dwell within them through His Spirit.
1. Resurection Appearances
2. Eternal Life In Christ
You will also live spiritually
You will also live eternally
3. Increased Revelation of Christ
4. Indwelling Presence of Christ
Danger for God’s people can come from outside and from inside the covenant community.
1. When we fail to honor those who are instruments of God’s grace in our lives, we demean the giver of that grace.
2. Church leadership is a calling, not a convenience. We are to choose the best as defined by God, not just the available .
3. God will, at the right time, cause evil to destroy itself before it can destroy His people.
The character of the people is reflected in the character of the leaders they choose.
1. You will receive power
2. You will be My witnesses
Share the Good News!
One Main Idea: Love for Jesus motivates us to keep His commandments.
1. Loving Jesus
a. Love is from God
b. Those who don’t love do not know God
c. God’s love was revealed to us by His sending Jesus into the world
d. God loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins
2. Obeying Jesus
1John 1: 8-9, 14:23-24
God has provided all the means necessary to obey via changed hearts, no longer being slaves to sin, the Holy Spirit, belonging to the body of Christ.
John 14: 13-14
1. The Scope of Our Prayers
2. The Requirements of Our Prayers
a. Have faith in Jesus
b. Pray based on the merits of Jesus
c. Ask according to Jesus nature, purpose and will
3. The Goal of Our Prayers
The Glory of God