Ephesians 3:14-21 God will strengthen you to follow His commands.
1. Live under the influence of
God’s amazing grace
– in election Eph 1:3-4
– in redemption Eph 1:7-8
– in regeneration Eph 2:4-6,8
– in sanctification Eph 2:10
God’s Holy Word
– in revelation Eph 3:1-6
– in preaching Eph 3:8-11
– in teaching Eph 4:11-15
– in life and ministry Eph 4:16
God’s Holy Spirit
– in sealing and promise Eph 1:13-14
– in spiritual strength Eph 3:14-16
– in conviction of sin Eph 4:30
– in filling Eph 5:17-21
2. Do not live under the influence of
– Your old life Eph 2:1-3
– Unbelievers Eph 4:14, 5:3-12
– Your flesh/ desires Eph 4:22-32
– Alcohol or drugs
3. How shall we live
– Worthy of our calling Eph 4:1-3
– As children of God Phe 5:1-2
– As children of light Eph 5:8-9
– As wise people Eph 5:15-17
Judges 3:7-11 Throughout Judges, when Israel ‘cried out’ to the Lord, it doesn’t necessarily mean they cried out form repentance. Yet God was faithful to deliver them from the oppression He had brought upon them. 1. God’s wrath expressed in consequences for sin shows His steadfast love that will not allow His people to remain…
The grip of sin is powerful, but the grip of God’s grace will never fail.
1. Amnesia produces apostasy. Christians must know the Bible and sound doctrine to pass the true faith on to the generations.
2. Judges shows us the condition of all human beings apart from God’s redeeming work through Christ.
3. God tests us to strengthen our faith and remind us of His faithfulness so we can pas on the faith with boldness and confidence.
Jesus teaches on what will happen in the future. We learn that Jesus knows and is in control of the future. We also learn to not be led astray, not fear, and to see persecution as an opportunity to bear witness to God and the Gospel.
Jesus promises that there is a hunger and thirst that He promises to satisfy.
God’s provision shines brightest in times of crisis.
What is the significance of the widow’s offering and how does it inform our giving in the church today.
The church is the body of Christ. He who does not have the church for his mother cannot have God for his father. As the body of Christ, every Christian is to be part of a local expression of the worldwide body of Christ, the church.