The Spirit’s Ministry to the World
a. Concerning Sin Rom 3:23, 6:23
b. Concerning Righteousness Acts 2:22, Rom 3:21-22
c. Concerning Judgement Col 2:13-15, James 4:7, Eph 6:11
John 15:18-16:4 1. A Promise of Hatred and Persecution Acts 5:41-42, Phil 1:29-30 -Christians are not of the world -Christians are chosen by Christ -Christians are identified with Christ 2. Reasons Why the World Hates Jesus -They do not know God -Because of the words He spoke -Because of the works He did 3. Our…
Is Church Membership Biblical?
1. Keeping track of members Acts 6:2-3
2. Instructions given to church leaders Acts 20:28-31, Heb 13:17, 1Pet 5:1-2
3. Instructions on church discipline Matt 18:15-17
4. Instructions to love and care for our members John 13: 34-35, Gal 6:10, Eph 2:19-20 1Tim 3:14-15
The Divine Ontology of Covenantal Soteriology The one big idea: Covenants are relational statements of the legal and moral terms and conditions by which a holy and just God deals with his creation. 1. God’s greatest desire for us is to be our God and for us to be his people and that will happen…
1. Members of One Body
2. Members of One Another
3. Responsibilities of Members
1. We are fellow workers with God
2. The foundation is Christ
3. Take care how you build upon the foundation
1. Christ is the Foundation of His Church. 1Cor 3:11
2. Christ is the Builder of His Church. 1Cor 3:9
3. Christ is the Owner of His Church. Acts 20:28, 1Pet 2:9
4. Christ is the Victor of His Church. Heb 2:14-15
Proclaim His Excellencies!
1. Christmas is about the birth of a Savior born to die to break the power and sting of death for all who believe he did.
2. By grace alone, I am a new creation, but I remain a creature. I can know God truly but not completely.
3. Before creation existed, the Father, Son, and Spirit purposed, through the saving work of the Son, to redeem a people to enjoy God’s presence forever.
1. Jesus is God
2. Jesus Became Human
3. Jesus Obeyed Unto Death
4. Jesus Has Been Highly Exalted
a. Exalted in His Resurrection
b. Exalted in His Ascension
C. Exalted in His Coronation as Lord
John 15:12-17 and 1Cor 13: 4-7
1. The Command to Love
2. The Character of Love
3. The Objects of Love