1. Trust God – you will be tested
2. Trust God – you will submit to His will
3. Trust God – you will not be alone
4. Trust God – others will be blessed by you
The one big idea: At the cross Jesus crushed the rebellion and now reigns from heaven to bring glory to his Father through the Spirit empowered work of his people to bring all nations into his kingdom to reign with him forever.
1. The baptism of Jesus put the powers of darkness on notice that God had come down to take back what was rightfully his.
2. Jesus began his destruction of the gates of hell and setting the captives free with Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.
3. The cross was the beginning of an unstoppable march across the known world that will result in a global Eden just as God planned.
Part 1: Jesus Before Pilate
1. The Man Judas
2. The Plot
3. The Tragic End
1. Peter’s Failure
2. Why Did Peter Fail
a. Not believing the words of Jesus
b. Trusting in his own strength/ abilities
c. Failing to persevere in prayer
3. Peter’s Repentance
Psalm 82, Deuteronomy 32:7-9
One Big Idea: Before time began, the Triune God created a heavenly host to join with mankind in stewarding and perfecting a creation that would glorify God as they enjoyed him forever. Sadly, some rebelled.
1. God has given created spiritual beings authority to act in our physical world to accomplish his immediate and long term will.
2. Man’s rejection of God brought God’s rejection of man. Lesser gods were given dominion but the redeeming grace of Yahweh would win in the end.
3. It is necessary to recognize the difference in worldview if we are to see the deeper truths of the Bible.
1. A Mock Trial
2. Jesus Testifies to His Deity
3. A Sentence is Announced
John 18: 1-12
1. Jesus In The Garden
2. Jesus’ Divine Conrtol
3. Jesus’ Protective Care
4. Jesus’ Willing Submission
1. Relationship to Yourself
2. Relationship to Your Work
3. Relationship to Your Wife
4. Relationship to Your Children
5. Relationship to Your Church/ Nation
6. Relationship to Your Grandchildren
The One Big Idea: Jesus, in His humanity, struggled with the cost of dying for our sins, but found victory over His struggle through prayer to the Father.
1. Jesus Goes to Gethsemane
2. Jesus Prays to the Father
3. Jesus Encourages Prayer
Applications: The wonder of Christ’s love for us, the need for fervent prayer, and the need to share our burdens with others.