1. Jesus Manifested God to Them
2. They Were Taken Out of the World
3. They Have Kept God’s Word
4. They Believed In Christ
1. Mission Accomplished
2. The Father Glorified
3. Father, Glorify Me
-Christ asserts His full deity
-Christ set aside His divine glory
-Christ will ascend back into heaven as the God-man
God’s people must have the leadership of a reightous king.
1. Compounding sin can never lead to God’s blessing.
2. God has established timeless worship principles which do not change to accommodate our preferences.
3. Rejecting God leads to stunning depths of brokenness, even as things continue to seem right in everyone’s eyes.
1. Authority Given to Jesus (John 6:37-47, Eph 1:3-6)
2. Eternal; Life Is a Gift (John 3:16, 1John 5:11-12, Eph 2:1-8)
3. Knowing God is Eternal Life
-Through creation (Rom 1:18-20)
-Through scripture (Hosea 4:6)
-Through the Son (Heb 1:1-3)
Intorduction to Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer
1. Jesus Prays to His Father
2. Jesus Prays to Glorify His Father
3. Jesus Intercedes for His Followers
1. Jesus is Missing
2. Jesus Appears
3. Jesus Preaches
a. A Biblical sermon
b. A Christ-centered sermon
c. An Evangelistic sermon
d. A Missionary sermon
One Big Idea: Jesus has opened the way for us to come to the Father through prayer.
1. Ask of the Father
2. Ask in My Name
3. Ask and you will receive joy
The one big idea: God accomplished his predetermined plans in and through a fallen creation to display his glory to all creation.
While we may not always understand the means God uses to accomplish his will, we can be certain that the end will be perfect.
God calls us out of the world and makes us different and different can be lonely.
God will never abandon me because he always remembers his promise to me.