1. Jesus is God
2. Jesus Became Human
3. Jesus Obeyed Unto Death
4. Jesus Has Been Highly Exalted
a. Exalted in His Resurrection
b. Exalted in His Ascension
C. Exalted in His Coronation as Lord
John 15:12-17 and 1Cor 13: 4-7
1. The Command to Love
2. The Character of Love
3. The Objects of Love
John 15: 12-17
1. Love One Another (found 13 times in the new testament)
2. You Are My Friends
3. Go And Bear Fruit
The greatest thing that you and I can do for those we love is to love Christ first.
The greatest thing that you and I can do for Christ is to love our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Also see 1John 3:4-10, 4: 7-8, 16, 19,21
Judges 10:6 – 12:7
The one big idea:
At the core of our fallen nature is a profound self-centeredness that keeps us from caring for others. At the center of God’s perfect nature is his unchanging love for those who do not care, even for him.
1. God chooses the weak and the lowly to accomplish small and great things for his glory, even me.
2. It is the height of human presumption and folly to think I can offer anything to God in exchange for his favor.
3. If I have put my faith in Jesus Christ then I am of Jacob, the Lord’s portion, his allotted heritage and I cannot be lost.
john 15: 6-12
1. Abide in Christ’s love
2. Four Results of Abiding in Christ
a. Delivers us from judgement
b. Leads to power in prayer
c. Glorifies the Father
d. Fills us with joy
Titus 1:10- 2:10
Chapter 1:1-16 describes the effects of those who teach contrary to sound doctrine
Chapter 2:1-15 provides a contrasting picture of a beautiful life, an appropriate picture of the healthy church.
1. Jesus is the true vine
2. The Father is the vinedresser
3. We must abide in Christ
-By abiding in Him we will bear fruit
-Apart from Him we can do nothing
4. Bearing fruit for God is the goal.
Luke 10: 25-37
1. How can we have eternal life?
Answer: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
However, this is impossible for us to do. There is no way we can earn salvation (Rom 3:23-24, Rom 6:23, Titus 3:4-5)
2. Who is my neighbor?
Characteristics of a good neighbor: notice people in need, have compassion, willing to help as they are able
Answer: The one who showed him mercy.
3. Why should we help others?
God commands us to do so (1John 3:17-18)
God has blessed us by sending His son who gave His life for us (Eph 2: 8-10)
God will reward His children (Mt 25: 31-40)
Jesus is the Ultimate good neighbor!
Job 1:20-22, James 1:2, John 11:35
1. God is always worthy of worship
2. God allows His peope to suffer to refine and strengthen them
3. Everything God does is based on His infinite knowledge of all things.
God’s compassion and mercy are woven through all He does.
God’s glory is not served by denying the reality of grief and tragedy, but by passing through tragedy with the hope of resurrection.
1. Appointment of Elders
2. Qulifications of Elders
3. Responsabilities of Elders