The one big idea: The immeasurable, unimaginable gain of life in Christ is best seen in the light of Adam’s tragic loss.
1. God created to display the glory of his eternal and infinite power, wisdom and goodness to his creatures destined to live in his presence forever.
2. Man was created to be a prophet, priest, and king in the physical realm of God’s eternal combines kingdom.
3. Only God can reverse the damage to our spirit caused by Adam’s sin.
We find the greatest joy in our re-creation when we understand the purpose of our creation.
Six Aspects of the Crucifixion
1. They offered Him wine.
2. They crucified Him
3. They divided His garments
4. They posted the charge against Him
5. They crucified 2 robbers with Him
6. They mocked Him
1. They led Him away
2. They seized a mann
3. They were mourning and lamenting
4. Jesus speaks to the crowd
A Theology of Songs and Singing
The one big idea: God has the sole authority to determine how he will be worshiped and his guidelines bring about our deepest satisfaction and his highest glory.
1. Singing strengthens us in trial and expresses our joy in victory as God molds us to conform to the image of Christ.
2. The height of our praise depends on the depth of our theology.
3. We sing for our good. We sing because we have a song. We sing to build faith in others, and we sing to be like God.
1. Our Suffering Savior
2. Our Savior is Condemned
3. Our Savior Suffers
Heb 11:35-40, 12:1-2
Life is all about Christ
Christ’s exaltation is tied to His care for believers
1. Despised and Rejected By Men
2. Jesus is the Son of God
3. Jesus is Condemned to Die
1. Trust God – you will be tested
2. Trust God – you will submit to His will
3. Trust God – you will not be alone
4. Trust God – others will be blessed by you