Matthew 28: 16-20
1. All authority GIVEN to Jesus
2. ALL Authority given to Jesus
3. Go, therefore and make disciples
The One Big Idea: Genesis 1 shows us the pattern on which we are to base our lives as God’s people.
1. Days 1 and 4 describe the same creative act from different perspectives that solve the problem of a dark and empty world.
2. Genesis 1 presents the model for how God wants his people to work.
3. The creation narrative tells us how God wants his people to order their lives.
1. Authority of the Commission
2. Focus of the Commission
3. Means of the Commission
d. Christ is With Us
Genesis 1: 3-13
the One Big Idea: God’s intent in creation is not for a static, unchanging reality but a developing world that points us to its final consummation.
1. The first day is not the beginning of creation, it’s the start of God’s fashioning and filling of the earth for our habitation.
2. Genesis 1 is a covenant statement on the character and reason for creation.
3. God used both divine fiat and divinely ordered natural processes to create the heavens and the earth.
The One Big Idea: The doctrine of creation is the starting point and distinguishing characteristic of true religion.
1. We must be aware of our presuppositions as we seek to understand our Bible.
2. From a Christian perspective, the Enlightenment was a great leap backward into the darkness.
3. Genesis 1 reveals man as the crown of creation and is the starting point for the redemption to come through Christ.
John 21: 15-25
John 21: 1-14
1. Seven Disciples Go Fishing
2. Jesus Assists Them
3. The Disciples Come To Jesus
4. Jesus Serves Them Breakfast
John 20: 24-31
1. Thomas Refuses To Believe
2. Jesus Appears
a. Jesus was willing to appear for Thomas
b. Jesus presented His scars as proof
c. Jesus met Thomas where he was
3. Thomas Believes And Confesses
Luke 24: 36-48
1. Jesus Appears
2. Jesus Preaches
a. A Biblical Sermon
b. An Evangelistic Sermon
c. A Missional Sermon
Two barriers were broken. One vertical, the curtain, and one horizontal, the wall (spiritually).