Acts 3: 1-10
1. The Setting
2. The Miracle
3. The Results
a. God gives us an abundance of evidence
b. We serve a miracle working God
c. We should be those who desire to let others know what God has done for us.
The One Big Idea: Everything in life falls properly into place when God is my first priority.
1. Resolved: I will never give up on my efforts to live for Christ because he will never give up on me.
2. Resolved: That everything I say will come from a heart of love, a spirit of humility, and a desire to honor Christ.
3. Resolved: To face every challenge, embrace every blessing, and act always with honor, knowing that I belong completely to God through Jesus Christ.
Christ’s prayer to the Father on behalf of his disciples and all believers.
1. The Place of Jesus’ Birth
2. The Humility of Jesus’ Birth
3. The Announcement of Jesus’ Birth
4. The Reaction to Jesus’ Birth
God has expectations for the elect.
1. Who are we to care for?
2. when are we to care for them?
3. How are we to car for them?
4. Why do we care for one another?
Acts 2: 42-47
A model for all Christian Churches
1. Devoted to Spiritual Duties
a. The apostles’ teaching
c. Breaking of bread
d. Prayer – corporate
2. Developed Spiritual Attitudes
a. Awe came upon every soul
b. Attesting miracles, signs and wonders
c. Cared for each other
d. Gathered together regularly
3. Resulted In a Spiritual Impact
The One Big Idea: God makes a new beginning as he continues building his good kingdom on earth.
1. The more I trust God, the more obedient I become.
2. Noah was the new Adam who points to Christ, but he could not be the last Adam or the promised Christ.
3. The story of the flood is ultimately about God’s faithfulness to his creation and his people.
1. Through Jesus we give thanks to God
2. We are to give thanks continuously
3. Thankfulness encourages serving and sharing
3. Evidence of the Holy Spirit’s Coming
4. Effect of the Holy Spirit’s Coming