God has expectations for the elect.
1. Who are we to care for?
2. when are we to care for them?
3. How are we to car for them?
4. Why do we care for one another?
Acts 2: 42-47
A model for all Christian Churches
1. Devoted to Spiritual Duties
a. The apostles’ teaching
c. Breaking of bread
d. Prayer – corporate
2. Developed Spiritual Attitudes
a. Awe came upon every soul
b. Attesting miracles, signs and wonders
c. Cared for each other
d. Gathered together regularly
3. Resulted In a Spiritual Impact
1. The Nature of the Kingdom
2. The Call to Action
3. The Motivation for Action
1. Where do souls go?
2. Where was Jesus’ Soul?
3. He ascended into heaven
4. Where will our souls go?
Why do you long for the Word?
1. Because it is where you experience Christ.
2. Because it will cause you to grow.
3. Because you’ve tasted that the Lord is good, and it reminds you how good you have it in Christ.
Six Aspects of the Crucifixion
1. They offered Him wine.
2. They crucified Him
3. They divided His garments
4. They posted the charge against Him
5. They crucified 2 robbers with Him
6. They mocked Him
Is Church Membership Biblical?
1. Keeping track of members Acts 6:2-3
2. Instructions given to church leaders Acts 20:28-31, Heb 13:17, 1Pet 5:1-2
3. Instructions on church discipline Matt 18:15-17
4. Instructions to love and care for our members John 13: 34-35, Gal 6:10, Eph 2:19-20 1Tim 3:14-15