Acts 2: 42-47
A model for all Christian Churches
1. Devoted to Spiritual Duties
a. The apostles’ teaching
c. Breaking of bread
d. Prayer – corporate
2. Developed Spiritual Attitudes
a. Awe came upon every soul
b. Attesting miracles, signs and wonders
c. Cared for each other
d. Gathered together regularly
3. Resulted In a Spiritual Impact
Acts 2: 1-13
1. The promise of the Holy Spirit’s coming
2. The day of the Holy Spirit’s coming
-God has an eternal plan of redemption.
-God has given His Spirit to all who believe.
-All who are indwelt by the Spirit are empowered to be witnesses for Christ. This is part of the divine plan of redemption.
1. The Fall of Judas
2. The Need for a Replacement
3. Matthias Is Chosen by Lot
1. The practice of religion will not save us.
2. We must repent and surrender all to Christ.
3. God is patient, but there is an end.
4. God is sovereign, His plans will not fail.
5. Major decisions should be made through prayer.
6. We are to serve Christ without seeking the recognition of others.