Col 3: 1-17
1. A Heavenly Perspective
Who? – those raised with Christ
What? – be heavenly minded
Why?- you have died
2. Living Out a Heavenly Perspective
Put to death what is earthly in you
Put on Christ likeness
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
The one big idea: At the cross Jesus crushed the rebellion and now reigns from heaven to bring glory to his Father through the Spirit empowered work of his people to bring all nations into his kingdom to reign with him forever.
1. The baptism of Jesus put the powers of darkness on notice that God had come down to take back what was rightfully his.
2. Jesus began his destruction of the gates of hell and setting the captives free with Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.
3. The cross was the beginning of an unstoppable march across the known world that will result in a global Eden just as God planned.