The One Big Idea: To be named a child of God bestows on every believer the highest value and is the greatest privilege.
1. The only means of salvation, for both Jews and Gentiles, is by God’s gift of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. We do not bring God down to shape him in out image, he brings us up to restore his image in us.
3. Our value is not in the name we make for ourselves but in the name God has written on our hearts and on the hands of his Son.
1. Christ is Head of the church
2. Christ is Savior of the church
3. Christ is Sanctifier of the church
4. Christ is Husband of the church
1. Jesus Ascends to His Throne
Acts 1: 8-11
2. Jesus Is Reigning Now
2 Tim 3:1-5, Eph 1: 20-23, Phil 2:5-10, 1 Cor 15: 20-28, Rom 8: 18-39
3. Jesus Will Return to Reign
1 Thes 4: 13-18, 2 Pet 2: 1-14
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. All authority GIVEN to Jesus
2. ALL Authority given to Jesus
3. Go, therefore and make disciples
Two barriers were broken. One vertical, the curtain, and one horizontal, the wall (spiritually).
1. Mary Return To the Tomb
2. Mary Talk To the “Gardener”
3. Jesus Talk to Mary
4. Mary Went To the Disciples
1. Where do souls go?
2. Where was Jesus’ Soul?
3. He ascended into heaven
4. Where will our souls go?
Ephesians 4:1-6, 11-16
Main Idea: We are each called by God to build up one another and in so doing build up the body of Christ – His church.
1. God calls us
2. God equips us
3. God uses us
1. What was finished?
2. What did the atonement accomplish?
3. How then shall we live?
1. Both criminals mocked Jesus
2. One criminal repents and believes
He sees his own sin and the sinless Savior
He came to fear God
He confessed his own sinfulness
He believed in Jesus
He asked Jesus to save him
3. Jesus responds to him