It is interesting how the current crisis of Covid 19 has both unified and divided people. Because we’re all in this together, we see unity in the countless acts of unselfish service by many. This has kept some sense of normalcy in our lives. On the other hand, we are more divided than ever.I invite…
1. Redemption of creation is required because of the damage caused by the rebellion in the spiritual realm.
2. Never underestimate the impact of the blessings promised to Abraham. They will change everything.
3. The redeemed people of God are the promised New Jerusalem that is now realized in part and will be complete when Jesus returns.
The One Big Idea: To be named a child of God bestows on every believer the highest value and is the greatest privilege.
1. The only means of salvation, for both Jews and Gentiles, is by God’s gift of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. We do not bring God down to shape him in out image, he brings us up to restore his image in us.
3. Our value is not in the name we make for ourselves but in the name God has written on our hearts and on the hands of his Son.
Genesis 5:1 – 6:8
The One Big Idea: Our focus must always be on God’s eternal kingdom, not on any worldly kingdom.
1. The unbroken line of Adam through Seth to Jesus assures us that God is faithful to his promise to conquer death.
2. The hatred of God by the fallen spiritual creatures is directed at humanity.
3. God’s light of life continues through Noah until it was fully revealed in Jesus.
The One Big Idea: Through common grace, God faithfully preserves the redemptive line of the seed of the woman until Christ returns.
1. A redeemed heart offers joyful worship, regular devotions, thoughtful prayer, and willing service out of gratitude to God.
2. Human effort, no matter how advanced, is always spoiled by sin and can never resolve our problems.
3. God’s grace preserved the redemptive line from Eve to the cross and will continue to preserve the line in his church until Christ returns.
1. The essence of coveting is the belief that I need somethin I do not now have to be happy.
2. The result of Adam’s sin was his inability to continue in, or return to, the condition in which he was original created.
3. Jesus Christ restored the imago dei and gives it to all who believe so that what he is they will one day be.
Genesis 2: 4-25
The One Big Idea: Genesis 2 teaches the central Christian truth that we are made in the image of God.
1. Imago Dei is to image God as a son in all of God’s perfection as his greatest creation.
2. Potential perfection exists at this time, and Adam can pass his probation and gain the promised reward.
3. Jesus triumphed where Adam failed and, through the Holy Spirit, he gives the Imago Dei to all who believe.
The One Big Idea: Genesis 1 shows us the pattern on which we are to base our lives as God’s people.
1. Days 1 and 4 describe the same creative act from different perspectives that solve the problem of a dark and empty world.
2. Genesis 1 presents the model for how God wants his people to work.
3. The creation narrative tells us how God wants his people to order their lives.