Luke 19:28-40 and Genesis 1:2-4
The One Big Idea: The original mission for God’s people as his light of truth to all nations has never changed and will continue until Jesus Christ returns.
1. God will never be without a witness. It is our privilege as living stones to be his witness.
2. The worldviews we face today are essentially the same as those Jesus faced in the first century.
3. The basis of the Biblical worldview that drives the vision and mission of God’s chosen people is found in Genesis one.
The One Big idea: God’s promise of true peace is reserved for those who are lowly in spirit and brokenhearted.
1. The announcement of the birth of Jesus reveals the beginning of God’s work in history to reunite heaven and earth.
2. The angels unique message is of a Savior who will restore God’s image in us, reconcile us to Him, and bring us a true and lasting peace.
3. The promise of peace in all circumstances is for everyone who has received God’s gracious gift of faith in Christ.