Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
Proverbs 31: 10-31, Ruth 1-4
The one big idea: This is a portrait of the woman every man should desire to marry. Here we see how and why the godly woman brings honor to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
1. The Proverbs 31 woman is wisdom. The wise woman develops these traits which bring blessing and praise to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
2. The blessings promised in Proverbs 31 require the self-sacrificing efforts of both the husband and wife.
3. In Proverbs 31, God is gently steering every woman to the truth of the Gospel and the hope that is promised in Christ.