1. Redemption of creation is required because of the damage caused by the rebellion in the spiritual realm.
2. Never underestimate the impact of the blessings promised to Abraham. They will change everything.
3. The redeemed people of God are the promised New Jerusalem that is now realized in part and will be complete when Jesus returns.
The One Big Idea: Everything in life falls properly into place when God is my first priority.
1. Resolved: I will never give up on my efforts to live for Christ because he will never give up on me.
2. Resolved: That everything I say will come from a heart of love, a spirit of humility, and a desire to honor Christ.
3. Resolved: To face every challenge, embrace every blessing, and act always with honor, knowing that I belong completely to God through Jesus Christ.
Genesis 1: 3-13
the One Big Idea: God’s intent in creation is not for a static, unchanging reality but a developing world that points us to its final consummation.
1. The first day is not the beginning of creation, it’s the start of God’s fashioning and filling of the earth for our habitation.
2. Genesis 1 is a covenant statement on the character and reason for creation.
3. God used both divine fiat and divinely ordered natural processes to create the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
1. Jesus’ Enemies Are Concerned
2. Jesus Foretold His Resurrection
3. Pilate Provides Guards
1. Request to hasten death
2. Reasons for these details
3. That you may believe