It is interesting how the current crisis of Covid 19 has both unified and divided people. Because we’re all in this together, we see unity in the countless acts of unselfish service by many. This has kept some sense of normalcy in our lives. On the other hand, we are more divided than ever.I invite…
Please take the time today to listen to this good Friday Message from Pastor Don Strand
1. Redemption of creation is required because of the damage caused by the rebellion in the spiritual realm.
2. Never underestimate the impact of the blessings promised to Abraham. They will change everything.
3. The redeemed people of God are the promised New Jerusalem that is now realized in part and will be complete when Jesus returns.
The One Big Idea: To be named a child of God bestows on every believer the highest value and is the greatest privilege.
1. The only means of salvation, for both Jews and Gentiles, is by God’s gift of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. We do not bring God down to shape him in out image, he brings us up to restore his image in us.
3. Our value is not in the name we make for ourselves but in the name God has written on our hearts and on the hands of his Son.
The One Big Idea: Everything in life falls properly into place when God is my first priority.
1. Resolved: I will never give up on my efforts to live for Christ because he will never give up on me.
2. Resolved: That everything I say will come from a heart of love, a spirit of humility, and a desire to honor Christ.
3. Resolved: To face every challenge, embrace every blessing, and act always with honor, knowing that I belong completely to God through Jesus Christ.
The One Big Idea: God makes a new beginning as he continues building his good kingdom on earth.
1. The more I trust God, the more obedient I become.
2. Noah was the new Adam who points to Christ, but he could not be the last Adam or the promised Christ.
3. The story of the flood is ultimately about God’s faithfulness to his creation and his people.
Genesis 5:1 – 6:8
The One Big Idea: Our focus must always be on God’s eternal kingdom, not on any worldly kingdom.
1. The unbroken line of Adam through Seth to Jesus assures us that God is faithful to his promise to conquer death.
2. The hatred of God by the fallen spiritual creatures is directed at humanity.
3. God’s light of life continues through Noah until it was fully revealed in Jesus.
The One Big Idea: Through common grace, God faithfully preserves the redemptive line of the seed of the woman until Christ returns.
1. A redeemed heart offers joyful worship, regular devotions, thoughtful prayer, and willing service out of gratitude to God.
2. Human effort, no matter how advanced, is always spoiled by sin and can never resolve our problems.
3. God’s grace preserved the redemptive line from Eve to the cross and will continue to preserve the line in his church until Christ returns.