1. Through Jesus we give thanks to God
2. We are to give thanks continuously
3. Thankfulness encourages serving and sharing
3. Evidence of the Holy Spirit’s Coming
4. Effect of the Holy Spirit’s Coming
Acts 2: 1-13
1. The promise of the Holy Spirit’s coming
2. The day of the Holy Spirit’s coming
-God has an eternal plan of redemption.
-God has given His Spirit to all who believe.
-All who are indwelt by the Spirit are empowered to be witnesses for Christ. This is part of the divine plan of redemption.
1. The Fall of Judas
2. The Need for a Replacement
3. Matthias Is Chosen by Lot
1. The practice of religion will not save us.
2. We must repent and surrender all to Christ.
3. God is patient, but there is an end.
4. God is sovereign, His plans will not fail.
5. Major decisions should be made through prayer.
6. We are to serve Christ without seeking the recognition of others.
Acts 1: 12-14
Acts 1: 9-11
1. The Nature of the Kingdom
2. The Call to Action
3. The Motivation for Action
1. The Focus- Christ
2. The Message – The Gospel
3. The Method – Proclamation
4. The Power – The Holy Spirit
1. We are saved by God’s word
2. We are nourished by God’s word
3. We are sanctified by God’s word
4. We are guided by God’s word
5. We are protected by God’s word
6. We are to be doers of God’s word