1. Christ is Head of the church
2. Christ is Savior of the church
3. Christ is Sanctifier of the church
4. Christ is Husband of the church
Ephesians 4:1-6, 11-16
Main Idea: We are each called by God to build up one another and in so doing build up the body of Christ – His church.
1. God calls us
2. God equips us
3. God uses us
Is Church Membership Biblical?
1. Keeping track of members Acts 6:2-3
2. Instructions given to church leaders Acts 20:28-31, Heb 13:17, 1Pet 5:1-2
3. Instructions on church discipline Matt 18:15-17
4. Instructions to love and care for our members John 13: 34-35, Gal 6:10, Eph 2:19-20 1Tim 3:14-15
1. Members of One Body
2. Members of One Another
3. Responsibilities of Members
1. We are fellow workers with God
2. The foundation is Christ
3. Take care how you build upon the foundation
1. Christ is the Foundation of His Church. 1Cor 3:11
2. Christ is the Builder of His Church. 1Cor 3:9
3. Christ is the Owner of His Church. Acts 20:28, 1Pet 2:9
4. Christ is the Victor of His Church. Heb 2:14-15
Proclaim His Excellencies!
Titus 1:10- 2:10
Chapter 1:1-16 describes the effects of those who teach contrary to sound doctrine
Chapter 2:1-15 provides a contrasting picture of a beautiful life, an appropriate picture of the healthy church.
1. Appointment of Elders
2. Qulifications of Elders
3. Responsabilities of Elders
God is Our Savior. Paul works for God, and the Church. God works for His people.
One Main Idea: Love for Jesus motivates us to keep His commandments.
1. Loving Jesus
a. Love is from God
b. Those who don’t love do not know God
c. God’s love was revealed to us by His sending Jesus into the world
d. God loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins
2. Obeying Jesus
1John 1: 8-9, 14:23-24
God has provided all the means necessary to obey via changed hearts, no longer being slaves to sin, the Holy Spirit, belonging to the body of Christ.