Today we will continue to look at Lukes historical account of the rapid growth of the Church after the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, the founder and head of the church. As we reviewed last week in Acts Chapter 1, Jesus appeared to his disciples several times after his resurrection. At the last of…
Is Church Membership Biblical?
1. Keeping track of members Acts 6:2-3
2. Instructions given to church leaders Acts 20:28-31, Heb 13:17, 1Pet 5:1-2
3. Instructions on church discipline Matt 18:15-17
4. Instructions to love and care for our members John 13: 34-35, Gal 6:10, Eph 2:19-20 1Tim 3:14-15
Titus 1:10- 2:10
Chapter 1:1-16 describes the effects of those who teach contrary to sound doctrine
Chapter 2:1-15 provides a contrasting picture of a beautiful life, an appropriate picture of the healthy church.
Danger for God’s people can come from outside and from inside the covenant community.
1. When we fail to honor those who are instruments of God’s grace in our lives, we demean the giver of that grace.
2. Church leadership is a calling, not a convenience. We are to choose the best as defined by God, not just the available .
3. God will, at the right time, cause evil to destroy itself before it can destroy His people.
The character of the people is reflected in the character of the leaders they choose.