The One Big Idea: God makes a new beginning as he continues building his good kingdom on earth.
1. The more I trust God, the more obedient I become.
2. Noah was the new Adam who points to Christ, but he could not be the last Adam or the promised Christ.
3. The story of the flood is ultimately about God’s faithfulness to his creation and his people.
The One Big Idea: God’s law must be the governing standard for Christians regardless of what may seem right in our own eyes.
1. A Pagan Morality (Judges 19:1-28)
The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties but right through every human heart.
2. A Prideful Problem (Judges 19:30-20:48)
A Christian cannot survive apart from the preaching and teaching of God’s word, corporate worship, and the confirming sacraments of his promises.
3. A Pragmatic Solution (Judges 21:1-23)
The grace of God in Christ to dwell with his people in spite of our sin is the greatest of all miracles.