The One Big idea: God’s promise of true peace is reserved for those who are lowly in spirit and brokenhearted.
1. The announcement of the birth of Jesus reveals the beginning of God’s work in history to reunite heaven and earth.
2. The angels unique message is of a Savior who will restore God’s image in us, reconcile us to Him, and bring us a true and lasting peace.
3. The promise of peace in all circumstances is for everyone who has received God’s gracious gift of faith in Christ.
The one big idea: God accomplished his predetermined plans in and through a fallen creation to display his glory to all creation.
While we may not always understand the means God uses to accomplish his will, we can be certain that the end will be perfect.
God calls us out of the world and makes us different and different can be lonely.
God will never abandon me because he always remembers his promise to me.
One big idea: Yahweh is always the hero of every Bible story because he is never limited by the weakness of those he uses to accomplish his purpose.
1. I can laugh, even through my tears, at the events around me when I trust in the One who reigns from heaven.
2. I can stand in courage without compromise by trusting in the power of God and knowing I do not stand alone.
3. God’s promises are final, and no one can prevent them from being fulfilled, not even me.
John 15:18-16:4 1. A Promise of Hatred and Persecution Acts 5:41-42, Phil 1:29-30 -Christians are not of the world -Christians are chosen by Christ -Christians are identified with Christ 2. Reasons Why the World Hates Jesus -They do not know God -Because of the words He spoke -Because of the works He did 3. Our…
One Main Idea: Jesus will never leave or forsake His followers. Instead, they will share in His eternal life, and He will dwell within them through His Spirit.
1. Resurection Appearances
2. Eternal Life In Christ
You will also live spiritually
You will also live eternally
3. Increased Revelation of Christ
4. Indwelling Presence of Christ
One Main Idea: Love for Jesus motivates us to keep His commandments.
1. Loving Jesus
a. Love is from God
b. Those who don’t love do not know God
c. God’s love was revealed to us by His sending Jesus into the world
d. God loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins
2. Obeying Jesus
1John 1: 8-9, 14:23-24
God has provided all the means necessary to obey via changed hearts, no longer being slaves to sin, the Holy Spirit, belonging to the body of Christ.
Judges 7:24 – 8:32
The one big idea:
As Christians, we must never forget that God stands behind every achievement in our vocation and our personal holiness.
1. I must never let my concern for status or my pursuit of security undermine the unity and energy of the church.
2. Every failure to recognize God as the source of our being and the fount that enables our good works is due to the sin of pride.
3. No amount of human folly can ever undo God’s promise of eternal life to His elect.
Judges 6: 1-40
The one big idea: In difficult times, often God’s only offer is “I will be with you.” It may not be the response we want, but it’s always sufficient for our needs.
1. God allows our trials and the consequences of sin to afflict us so we can see His mercy in the proper light.
2. I can believe God’s promise to be with me because it is the foundation for His eternal praise, glory, and honor.
3. The only reasonable response to God’s act of saving me is a full commitment to Christ in every are of my life.
Judges 3:7-11 Throughout Judges, when Israel ‘cried out’ to the Lord, it doesn’t necessarily mean they cried out form repentance. Yet God was faithful to deliver them from the oppression He had brought upon them. 1. God’s wrath expressed in consequences for sin shows His steadfast love that will not allow His people to remain…
The Parable of the Talents
Are you investing in His kingdom, while waiting for His certain return?
1. God Invests Mt 25:14-15
2. We need to invest Mt 25:16-18
3. Judgement is coming Mt 25: 19-29