The one big idea: At the cross Jesus crushed the rebellion and now reigns from heaven to bring glory to his Father through the Spirit empowered work of his people to bring all nations into his kingdom to reign with him forever.
1. The baptism of Jesus put the powers of darkness on notice that God had come down to take back what was rightfully his.
2. Jesus began his destruction of the gates of hell and setting the captives free with Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.
3. The cross was the beginning of an unstoppable march across the known world that will result in a global Eden just as God planned.
God uses even the worst of our decisions and actions to accomplish His purpose.
1. Secrets destroy relationships and the people who keep them.
2. Secrets don’t remain secret. They become new secrets, and the danger continues.
3. In eternity past, the Triune God secretly planned our redemption and slowly unveiled the secret until the full revelation in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.