The one big idea: At the cross Jesus crushed the rebellion and now reigns from heaven to bring glory to his Father through the Spirit empowered work of his people to bring all nations into his kingdom to reign with him forever.
1. The baptism of Jesus put the powers of darkness on notice that God had come down to take back what was rightfully his.
2. Jesus began his destruction of the gates of hell and setting the captives free with Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.
3. The cross was the beginning of an unstoppable march across the known world that will result in a global Eden just as God planned.
Titus 1:10- 2:10
Chapter 1:1-16 describes the effects of those who teach contrary to sound doctrine
Chapter 2:1-15 provides a contrasting picture of a beautiful life, an appropriate picture of the healthy church.
John 14: 12-17
1. The Nature of These Works
God’s definition of greatness: preaching the Gospel, making disciples
2. The Source of These Works
a. Faith in Jesus
c. Loving Obedience
d. Rely on the Holy Spirit
Proverbs 31: 10-31, Ruth 1-4
The one big idea: This is a portrait of the woman every man should desire to marry. Here we see how and why the godly woman brings honor to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
1. The Proverbs 31 woman is wisdom. The wise woman develops these traits which bring blessing and praise to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
2. The blessings promised in Proverbs 31 require the self-sacrificing efforts of both the husband and wife.
3. In Proverbs 31, God is gently steering every woman to the truth of the Gospel and the hope that is promised in Christ.