Six Aspects of the Crucifixion
1. They offered Him wine.
2. They crucified Him
3. They divided His garments
4. They posted the charge against Him
5. They crucified 2 robbers with Him
6. They mocked Him
Luke 10: 25-37
1. How can we have eternal life?
Answer: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
However, this is impossible for us to do. There is no way we can earn salvation (Rom 3:23-24, Rom 6:23, Titus 3:4-5)
2. Who is my neighbor?
Characteristics of a good neighbor: notice people in need, have compassion, willing to help as they are able
Answer: The one who showed him mercy.
3. Why should we help others?
God commands us to do so (1John 3:17-18)
God has blessed us by sending His son who gave His life for us (Eph 2: 8-10)
God will reward His children (Mt 25: 31-40)
Proverbs 31: 10-31, Ruth 1-4
The one big idea: This is a portrait of the woman every man should desire to marry. Here we see how and why the godly woman brings honor to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
1. The Proverbs 31 woman is wisdom. The wise woman develops these traits which bring blessing and praise to her husband, her family herself, and her God.
2. The blessings promised in Proverbs 31 require the self-sacrificing efforts of both the husband and wife.
3. In Proverbs 31, God is gently steering every woman to the truth of the Gospel and the hope that is promised in Christ.