The One Big Idea: Everything in life falls properly into place when God is my first priority.
1. Resolved: I will never give up on my efforts to live for Christ because he will never give up on me.
2. Resolved: That everything I say will come from a heart of love, a spirit of humility, and a desire to honor Christ.
3. Resolved: To face every challenge, embrace every blessing, and act always with honor, knowing that I belong completely to God through Jesus Christ.
Luke 10: 25-37
1. How can we have eternal life?
Answer: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
However, this is impossible for us to do. There is no way we can earn salvation (Rom 3:23-24, Rom 6:23, Titus 3:4-5)
2. Who is my neighbor?
Characteristics of a good neighbor: notice people in need, have compassion, willing to help as they are able
Answer: The one who showed him mercy.
3. Why should we help others?
God commands us to do so (1John 3:17-18)
God has blessed us by sending His son who gave His life for us (Eph 2: 8-10)
God will reward His children (Mt 25: 31-40)
1. Cures for a troubled heart
a. Believe in God, believe also in Jesus
b. Know that we have a home in heaven
c. Jesus will come again
2. The way to heaven
a. The Way – Reconciliation
b. The Truth – Revelation
c. The Life – Regeneration