The One Big Idea: To be named a child of God bestows on every believer the highest value and is the greatest privilege.
1. The only means of salvation, for both Jews and Gentiles, is by God’s gift of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. We do not bring God down to shape him in out image, he brings us up to restore his image in us.
3. Our value is not in the name we make for ourselves but in the name God has written on our hearts and on the hands of his Son.
1. The essence of coveting is the belief that I need somethin I do not now have to be happy.
2. The result of Adam’s sin was his inability to continue in, or return to, the condition in which he was original created.
3. Jesus Christ restored the imago dei and gives it to all who believe so that what he is they will one day be.
Genesis 2: 4-25
The One Big Idea: Genesis 2 teaches the central Christian truth that we are made in the image of God.
1. Imago Dei is to image God as a son in all of God’s perfection as his greatest creation.
2. Potential perfection exists at this time, and Adam can pass his probation and gain the promised reward.
3. Jesus triumphed where Adam failed and, through the Holy Spirit, he gives the Imago Dei to all who believe.