Genesis 5:1 – 6:8
The One Big Idea: Our focus must always be on God’s eternal kingdom, not on any worldly kingdom.
1. The unbroken line of Adam through Seth to Jesus assures us that God is faithful to his promise to conquer death.
2. The hatred of God by the fallen spiritual creatures is directed at humanity.
3. God’s light of life continues through Noah until it was fully revealed in Jesus.
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.