Acts 2: 1-13
1. The promise of the Holy Spirit’s coming
2. The day of the Holy Spirit’s coming
-God has an eternal plan of redemption.
-God has given His Spirit to all who believe.
-All who are indwelt by the Spirit are empowered to be witnesses for Christ. This is part of the divine plan of redemption.
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
Why do you long for the Word?
1. Because it is where you experience Christ.
2. Because it will cause you to grow.
3. Because you’ve tasted that the Lord is good, and it reminds you how good you have it in Christ.