Isaiah 6: 1-8
1. Convicted by sin
1. Both criminals mocked Jesus
2. One criminal repents and believes
He sees his own sin and the sinless Savior
He came to fear God
He confessed his own sinfulness
He believed in Jesus
He asked Jesus to save him
3. Jesus responds to him
The one big idea: The immeasurable, unimaginable gain of life in Christ is best seen in the light of Adam’s tragic loss.
1. God created to display the glory of his eternal and infinite power, wisdom and goodness to his creatures destined to live in his presence forever.
2. Man was created to be a prophet, priest, and king in the physical realm of God’s eternal combines kingdom.
3. Only God can reverse the damage to our spirit caused by Adam’s sin.
We find the greatest joy in our re-creation when we understand the purpose of our creation.
Six Aspects of the Crucifixion
1. They offered Him wine.
2. They crucified Him
3. They divided His garments
4. They posted the charge against Him
5. They crucified 2 robbers with Him
6. They mocked Him
The One Big Idea: Jesus, in His humanity, struggled with the cost of dying for our sins, but found victory over His struggle through prayer to the Father.
1. Jesus Goes to Gethsemane
2. Jesus Prays to the Father
3. Jesus Encourages Prayer
Applications: The wonder of Christ’s love for us, the need for fervent prayer, and the need to share our burdens with others.
God’s people must have the leadership of a reightous king.
1. Compounding sin can never lead to God’s blessing.
2. God has established timeless worship principles which do not change to accommodate our preferences.
3. Rejecting God leads to stunning depths of brokenness, even as things continue to seem right in everyone’s eyes.
One Big Idea: Jesus has opened the way for us to come to the Father through prayer.
1. Ask of the Father
2. Ask in My Name
3. Ask and you will receive joy
The Spirit’s Ministry to the World
a. Concerning Sin Rom 3:23, 6:23
b. Concerning Righteousness Acts 2:22, Rom 3:21-22
c. Concerning Judgement Col 2:13-15, James 4:7, Eph 6:11
1. The Greatest Betrayal
2. The Greatest Enemy
3. The Greatest Example
4. The Greatest Reward