The Reality of Jesus’ Life
The Reality of God’s Plan
The Reality of Jesus Death
The Reality of the Resurrection
The Reality of Our Need
1. Sin cannot be controlled or morality established by external means. The only solution to sine is change from within.
2. Sin has the unimaginable power to enslave. Only God as the sovereign warrior is able to defeat sin’s power and free His people.
3. The final expression of God as a warrior is found in the perfect obedience of Jesus, even unto death, to crush the power of sin forever.
1. Live under the influence of
God’s amazing grace
– in election Eph 1:3-4
– in redemption Eph 1:7-8
– in regeneration Eph 2:4-6,8
– in sanctification Eph 2:10
God’s Holy Word
– in revelation Eph 3:1-6
– in preaching Eph 3:8-11
– in teaching Eph 4:11-15
– in life and ministry Eph 4:16
God’s Holy Spirit
– in sealing and promise Eph 1:13-14
– in spiritual strength Eph 3:14-16
– in conviction of sin Eph 4:30
– in filling Eph 5:17-21
2. Do not live under the influence of
– Your old life Eph 2:1-3
– Unbelievers Eph 4:14, 5:3-12
– Your flesh/ desires Eph 4:22-32
– Alcohol or drugs
3. How shall we live
– Worthy of our calling Eph 4:1-3
– As children of God Phe 5:1-2
– As children of light Eph 5:8-9
– As wise people Eph 5:15-17
Judges 3:7-11 Throughout Judges, when Israel ‘cried out’ to the Lord, it doesn’t necessarily mean they cried out form repentance. Yet God was faithful to deliver them from the oppression He had brought upon them. 1. God’s wrath expressed in consequences for sin shows His steadfast love that will not allow His people to remain…
The grip of sin is powerful, but the grip of God’s grace will never fail.
1. Amnesia produces apostasy. Christians must know the Bible and sound doctrine to pass the true faith on to the generations.
2. Judges shows us the condition of all human beings apart from God’s redeeming work through Christ.
3. God tests us to strengthen our faith and remind us of His faithfulness so we can pas on the faith with boldness and confidence.