Luke 19:28-40 and Genesis 1:2-4
The One Big Idea: The original mission for God’s people as his light of truth to all nations has never changed and will continue until Jesus Christ returns.
1. God will never be without a witness. It is our privilege as living stones to be his witness.
2. The worldviews we face today are essentially the same as those Jesus faced in the first century.
3. The basis of the Biblical worldview that drives the vision and mission of God’s chosen people is found in Genesis one.
The one big idea: The immeasurable, unimaginable gain of life in Christ is best seen in the light of Adam’s tragic loss.
1. God created to display the glory of his eternal and infinite power, wisdom and goodness to his creatures destined to live in his presence forever.
2. Man was created to be a prophet, priest, and king in the physical realm of God’s eternal combines kingdom.
3. Only God can reverse the damage to our spirit caused by Adam’s sin.
We find the greatest joy in our re-creation when we understand the purpose of our creation.
Psalm 82, Deuteronomy 32:7-9
One Big Idea: Before time began, the Triune God created a heavenly host to join with mankind in stewarding and perfecting a creation that would glorify God as they enjoyed him forever. Sadly, some rebelled.
1. God has given created spiritual beings authority to act in our physical world to accomplish his immediate and long term will.
2. Man’s rejection of God brought God’s rejection of man. Lesser gods were given dominion but the redeeming grace of Yahweh would win in the end.
3. It is necessary to recognize the difference in worldview if we are to see the deeper truths of the Bible.