1. We are saved by God’s word
2. We are nourished by God’s word
3. We are sanctified by God’s word
4. We are guided by God’s word
5. We are protected by God’s word
6. We are to be doers of God’s word
The One Big Idea: Through common grace, God faithfully preserves the redemptive line of the seed of the woman until Christ returns.
1. A redeemed heart offers joyful worship, regular devotions, thoughtful prayer, and willing service out of gratitude to God.
2. Human effort, no matter how advanced, is always spoiled by sin and can never resolve our problems.
3. God’s grace preserved the redemptive line from Eve to the cross and will continue to preserve the line in his church until Christ returns.
Isaiah 6: 1-8
1. Convicted by sin
1. The essence of coveting is the belief that I need somethin I do not now have to be happy.
2. The result of Adam’s sin was his inability to continue in, or return to, the condition in which he was original created.
3. Jesus Christ restored the imago dei and gives it to all who believe so that what he is they will one day be.
Col 3: 1-17
1. A Heavenly Perspective
Who? – those raised with Christ
What? – be heavenly minded
Why?- you have died
2. Living Out a Heavenly Perspective
Put to death what is earthly in you
Put on Christ likeness
1. Jesus Ascends to His Throne
Acts 1: 8-11
2. Jesus Is Reigning Now
2 Tim 3:1-5, Eph 1: 20-23, Phil 2:5-10, 1 Cor 15: 20-28, Rom 8: 18-39
3. Jesus Will Return to Reign
1 Thes 4: 13-18, 2 Pet 2: 1-14
Genesis 2: 4-25
The One Big Idea: Genesis 2 teaches the central Christian truth that we are made in the image of God.
1. Imago Dei is to image God as a son in all of God’s perfection as his greatest creation.
2. Potential perfection exists at this time, and Adam can pass his probation and gain the promised reward.
3. Jesus triumphed where Adam failed and, through the Holy Spirit, he gives the Imago Dei to all who believe.
1. Jesus’ Last Words
2. Jesus Ascension
3. Significance of the Ascension
a. Jesus is enthroned
b. Jesus is interceding for us
c. Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit
d. Jesus will come again
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. Going – share the Gospel in order to make disciples
2. Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. Teaching them to observe His commands
4. Jesus will be with us
Disciple: A person united to Christ by faith, who makes a lifelong commitment to becoming conformed to the image of Christ and helping other do the same.