1. Jesus’ Last Words
2. Jesus Ascension
3. Significance of the Ascension
a. Jesus is enthroned
b. Jesus is interceding for us
c. Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit
d. Jesus will come again
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. Going – share the Gospel in order to make disciples
2. Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. Teaching them to observe His commands
4. Jesus will be with us
Disciple: A person united to Christ by faith, who makes a lifelong commitment to becoming conformed to the image of Christ and helping other do the same.
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. All authority GIVEN to Jesus
2. ALL Authority given to Jesus
3. Go, therefore and make disciples
The One Big Idea: Genesis 1 shows us the pattern on which we are to base our lives as God’s people.
1. Days 1 and 4 describe the same creative act from different perspectives that solve the problem of a dark and empty world.
2. Genesis 1 presents the model for how God wants his people to work.
3. The creation narrative tells us how God wants his people to order their lives.
1. Authority of the Commission
2. Focus of the Commission
3. Means of the Commission
d. Christ is With Us
Genesis 1: 3-13
the One Big Idea: God’s intent in creation is not for a static, unchanging reality but a developing world that points us to its final consummation.
1. The first day is not the beginning of creation, it’s the start of God’s fashioning and filling of the earth for our habitation.
2. Genesis 1 is a covenant statement on the character and reason for creation.
3. God used both divine fiat and divinely ordered natural processes to create the heavens and the earth.
The One Big Idea: The doctrine of creation is the starting point and distinguishing characteristic of true religion.
1. We must be aware of our presuppositions as we seek to understand our Bible.
2. From a Christian perspective, the Enlightenment was a great leap backward into the darkness.
3. Genesis 1 reveals man as the crown of creation and is the starting point for the redemption to come through Christ.
John 21: 15-25
John 21: 1-14
1. Seven Disciples Go Fishing
2. Jesus Assists Them
3. The Disciples Come To Jesus
4. Jesus Serves Them Breakfast