John 21: 15-25
John 21: 1-14
1. Seven Disciples Go Fishing
2. Jesus Assists Them
3. The Disciples Come To Jesus
4. Jesus Serves Them Breakfast
John 20: 24-31
1. Thomas Refuses To Believe
2. Jesus Appears
a. Jesus was willing to appear for Thomas
b. Jesus presented His scars as proof
c. Jesus met Thomas where he was
3. Thomas Believes And Confesses
Luke 24: 36-48
1. Jesus Appears
2. Jesus Preaches
a. A Biblical Sermon
b. An Evangelistic Sermon
c. A Missional Sermon
Two barriers were broken. One vertical, the curtain, and one horizontal, the wall (spiritually).
Luke 19:28-40 and Genesis 1:2-4
The One Big Idea: The original mission for God’s people as his light of truth to all nations has never changed and will continue until Jesus Christ returns.
1. God will never be without a witness. It is our privilege as living stones to be his witness.
2. The worldviews we face today are essentially the same as those Jesus faced in the first century.
3. The basis of the Biblical worldview that drives the vision and mission of God’s chosen people is found in Genesis one.
Luke 24: 13-35
1. A Hopeless Walk
2. A Lesson In Scripture
3. A Joyous Revealing
4. An Excited Testimony
Matthew 28: 9-15
1. Jesus Met Them
2. A Proper Response to Christ
a. We humble ourselves before Him
b. We take hold of Him
c. We worship Him
d. We become His witnesses
3. The Cover Up
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
1. Mary Return To the Tomb
2. Mary Talk To the “Gardener”
3. Jesus Talk to Mary
4. Mary Went To the Disciples