Luke 22: 1-6
3.The Counter -conspiracy
1. Sin cannot be controlled or morality established by external means. The only solution to sine is change from within.
2. Sin has the unimaginable power to enslave. Only God as the sovereign warrior is able to defeat sin’s power and free His people.
3. The final expression of God as a warrior is found in the perfect obedience of Jesus, even unto death, to crush the power of sin forever.
Ephesians 3:14-21 God will strengthen you to follow His commands.
Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 4:1-16 God is the architect of the church. Jesus builds the church by individually saving each member.
God often chooses to work in strange ways to show us that His ways are not our ways.
1. In these Old Testament stories, and in our daily lives, we must focus on the salvation God brings, not on the method He chooses.
2. Because we cannot fully grasp the heights of God’s holiness, we will always fail to see the true depths of our sin.
3. Jesus Christ is the final Judge whom God raised up to deliver His people fully and finally from the power of sin.
1. Live under the influence of
God’s amazing grace
– in election Eph 1:3-4
– in redemption Eph 1:7-8
– in regeneration Eph 2:4-6,8
– in sanctification Eph 2:10
God’s Holy Word
– in revelation Eph 3:1-6
– in preaching Eph 3:8-11
– in teaching Eph 4:11-15
– in life and ministry Eph 4:16
God’s Holy Spirit
– in sealing and promise Eph 1:13-14
– in spiritual strength Eph 3:14-16
– in conviction of sin Eph 4:30
– in filling Eph 5:17-21
2. Do not live under the influence of
– Your old life Eph 2:1-3
– Unbelievers Eph 4:14, 5:3-12
– Your flesh/ desires Eph 4:22-32
– Alcohol or drugs
3. How shall we live
– Worthy of our calling Eph 4:1-3
– As children of God Phe 5:1-2
– As children of light Eph 5:8-9
– As wise people Eph 5:15-17
Sound Doctrine: Teaching that is from God, about God and to the Glory of God.
1. The Need for Sound Doctrine
2. The Teaching of Sound Doctrine
3. The Result of Sound Doctrine
1.The Place of Jesus’ Birth Luke 2:1-5
2.The Humility of Jesus’ Birth Luke 2:6-7
3.The Announcement of Jesus’ Birth Luke 2:8-14
4.The Reaction to Jesus’ Birth Luke 2:15-20
Judges 3:7-11 Throughout Judges, when Israel ‘cried out’ to the Lord, it doesn’t necessarily mean they cried out form repentance. Yet God was faithful to deliver them from the oppression He had brought upon them. 1. God’s wrath expressed in consequences for sin shows His steadfast love that will not allow His people to remain…