1. Where do souls go?
2. Where was Jesus’ Soul?
3. He ascended into heaven
4. Where will our souls go?
1. Jesus’ Enemies Are Concerned
2. Jesus Foretold His Resurrection
3. Pilate Provides Guards
1. The details of His entombment
2. Why is this important?
a. His death is confirmed
b. His body is made secure
c. Prophecy is fulfilled
d. His humiliation is completed
e. To allow Him to conquer death
1. Request to hasten death
2. Reasons for these details
3. That you may believe
1. Jesus Died willingly
2. Miraculous Events Accompanied His Death
3. The Miracle of Salvation
Ephesians 4:1-6, 11-16
Main Idea: We are each called by God to build up one another and in so doing build up the body of Christ – His church.
1. God calls us
2. God equips us
3. God uses us
Why do you long for the Word?
1. Because it is where you experience Christ.
2. Because it will cause you to grow.
3. Because you’ve tasted that the Lord is good, and it reminds you how good you have it in Christ.
The One Big idea: God’s promise of true peace is reserved for those who are lowly in spirit and brokenhearted.
1. The announcement of the birth of Jesus reveals the beginning of God’s work in history to reunite heaven and earth.
2. The angels unique message is of a Savior who will restore God’s image in us, reconcile us to Him, and bring us a true and lasting peace.
3. The promise of peace in all circumstances is for everyone who has received God’s gracious gift of faith in Christ.
1. Darkness over the land
2. The temple curtain torn
3. Jesus’ last words
1. What was finished?
2. What did the atonement accomplish?
3. How then shall we live?