1. They led Him away
2. They seized a mann
3. They were mourning and lamenting
4. Jesus speaks to the crowd
A Theology of Songs and Singing
The one big idea: God has the sole authority to determine how he will be worshiped and his guidelines bring about our deepest satisfaction and his highest glory.
1. Singing strengthens us in trial and expresses our joy in victory as God molds us to conform to the image of Christ.
2. The height of our praise depends on the depth of our theology.
3. We sing for our good. We sing because we have a song. We sing to build faith in others, and we sing to be like God.
1. Our Suffering Savior
2. Our Savior is Condemned
3. Our Savior Suffers
Heb 11:35-40, 12:1-2
Life is all about Christ
Christ’s exaltation is tied to His care for believers
1. Despised and Rejected By Men
2. Jesus is the Son of God
3. Jesus is Condemned to Die
1. Trust God – you will be tested
2. Trust God – you will submit to His will
3. Trust God – you will not be alone
4. Trust God – others will be blessed by you
The one big idea: At the cross Jesus crushed the rebellion and now reigns from heaven to bring glory to his Father through the Spirit empowered work of his people to bring all nations into his kingdom to reign with him forever.
1. The baptism of Jesus put the powers of darkness on notice that God had come down to take back what was rightfully his.
2. Jesus began his destruction of the gates of hell and setting the captives free with Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God.
3. The cross was the beginning of an unstoppable march across the known world that will result in a global Eden just as God planned.
Part 1: Jesus Before Pilate