Luke 19:28-40 and Genesis 1:2-4
The One Big Idea: The original mission for God’s people as his light of truth to all nations has never changed and will continue until Jesus Christ returns.
1. God will never be without a witness. It is our privilege as living stones to be his witness.
2. The worldviews we face today are essentially the same as those Jesus faced in the first century.
3. The basis of the Biblical worldview that drives the vision and mission of God’s chosen people is found in Genesis one.
Luke 24: 13-35
1. A Hopeless Walk
2. A Lesson In Scripture
3. A Joyous Revealing
4. An Excited Testimony
Matthew 28: 9-15
1. Jesus Met Them
2. A Proper Response to Christ
a. We humble ourselves before Him
b. We take hold of Him
c. We worship Him
d. We become His witnesses
3. The Cover Up
Genesis 1:1, 2:1
The One Big Idea: Creation is a two-state reality in covenant relationship with its creator as his temple kingdom.
1. Genesis 1:1 says all things, seen and unseen, were created by God out of nothing when time began.
2. Jesus Christ is present always and everywhere in the Bible’s redemptive story.
3. God’s plan for a spiritual-physical temple for his children will be complete when Jesus returns and unites heaven and earth forever.
Cosmogony: A theory of the origin of the universe.
Aramaic: A Semitic language spoken in Israel since the 6th century BC.
Targum: Aramaic translation of the Old Testament.
1. Mary Return To the Tomb
2. Mary Talk To the “Gardener”
3. Jesus Talk to Mary
4. Mary Went To the Disciples
1. Mary Runs To The Disciples
2. The Disciples Run To The Lord
3. The Disciples Enter The Tomb
1Corinthians 15:3-8, 13-23, 50-58
1. Love in Action
2. The Stone in Removed
3. An Angel Speaks
4. The Women Depart
Genesis 1:1- 2:3
1. Genesis 1:1 is a unique truth claim made to a particular people of a unique event and is outside of the realm of science.
2. The Bible is written for us, but it was not written to us.
3. The creation account assures us of God’s promised eternal rest in the joy of His presence.
1. Where do souls go?
2. Where was Jesus’ Soul?
3. He ascended into heaven
4. Where will our souls go?
1. Jesus’ Enemies Are Concerned
2. Jesus Foretold His Resurrection
3. Pilate Provides Guards