Genesis 1: 3-13
the One Big Idea: God’s intent in creation is not for a static, unchanging reality but a developing world that points us to its final consummation.
1. The first day is not the beginning of creation, it’s the start of God’s fashioning and filling of the earth for our habitation.
2. Genesis 1 is a covenant statement on the character and reason for creation.
3. God used both divine fiat and divinely ordered natural processes to create the heavens and the earth.
The One Big Idea: The doctrine of creation is the starting point and distinguishing characteristic of true religion.
1. We must be aware of our presuppositions as we seek to understand our Bible.
2. From a Christian perspective, the Enlightenment was a great leap backward into the darkness.
3. Genesis 1 reveals man as the crown of creation and is the starting point for the redemption to come through Christ.
John 21: 15-25
John 21: 1-14
1. Seven Disciples Go Fishing
2. Jesus Assists Them
3. The Disciples Come To Jesus
4. Jesus Serves Them Breakfast
John 20: 24-31
1. Thomas Refuses To Believe
2. Jesus Appears
a. Jesus was willing to appear for Thomas
b. Jesus presented His scars as proof
c. Jesus met Thomas where he was
3. Thomas Believes And Confesses
Luke 24: 36-48
1. Jesus Appears
2. Jesus Preaches
a. A Biblical Sermon
b. An Evangelistic Sermon
c. A Missional Sermon
Two barriers were broken. One vertical, the curtain, and one horizontal, the wall (spiritually).
Luke 19:28-40 and Genesis 1:2-4
The One Big Idea: The original mission for God’s people as his light of truth to all nations has never changed and will continue until Jesus Christ returns.
1. God will never be without a witness. It is our privilege as living stones to be his witness.
2. The worldviews we face today are essentially the same as those Jesus faced in the first century.
3. The basis of the Biblical worldview that drives the vision and mission of God’s chosen people is found in Genesis one.
Luke 24: 13-35
1. A Hopeless Walk
2. A Lesson In Scripture
3. A Joyous Revealing
4. An Excited Testimony
Matthew 28: 9-15
1. Jesus Met Them
2. A Proper Response to Christ
a. We humble ourselves before Him
b. We take hold of Him
c. We worship Him
d. We become His witnesses
3. The Cover Up