1. What was finished?
2. What did the atonement accomplish?
3. How then shall we live?
1. What Jesus saw
2. What Jesus said
1. Both criminals mocked Jesus
2. One criminal repents and believes
He sees his own sin and the sinless Savior
He came to fear God
He confessed his own sinfulness
He believed in Jesus
He asked Jesus to save him
3. Jesus responds to him
The one big idea: The immeasurable, unimaginable gain of life in Christ is best seen in the light of Adam’s tragic loss.
1. God created to display the glory of his eternal and infinite power, wisdom and goodness to his creatures destined to live in his presence forever.
2. Man was created to be a prophet, priest, and king in the physical realm of God’s eternal combines kingdom.
3. Only God can reverse the damage to our spirit caused by Adam’s sin.
We find the greatest joy in our re-creation when we understand the purpose of our creation.
Six Aspects of the Crucifixion
1. They offered Him wine.
2. They crucified Him
3. They divided His garments
4. They posted the charge against Him
5. They crucified 2 robbers with Him
6. They mocked Him
1. They led Him away
2. They seized a mann
3. They were mourning and lamenting
4. Jesus speaks to the crowd