1. The essence of coveting is the belief that I need somethin I do not now have to be happy.
2. The result of Adam’s sin was his inability to continue in, or return to, the condition in which he was original created.
3. Jesus Christ restored the imago dei and gives it to all who believe so that what he is they will one day be.
Col 3: 1-17
1. A Heavenly Perspective
Who? – those raised with Christ
What? – be heavenly minded
Why?- you have died
2. Living Out a Heavenly Perspective
Put to death what is earthly in you
Put on Christ likeness
1. Jesus Ascends to His Throne
Acts 1: 8-11
2. Jesus Is Reigning Now
2 Tim 3:1-5, Eph 1: 20-23, Phil 2:5-10, 1 Cor 15: 20-28, Rom 8: 18-39
3. Jesus Will Return to Reign
1 Thes 4: 13-18, 2 Pet 2: 1-14
Genesis 2: 4-25
The One Big Idea: Genesis 2 teaches the central Christian truth that we are made in the image of God.
1. Imago Dei is to image God as a son in all of God’s perfection as his greatest creation.
2. Potential perfection exists at this time, and Adam can pass his probation and gain the promised reward.
3. Jesus triumphed where Adam failed and, through the Holy Spirit, he gives the Imago Dei to all who believe.
1. Jesus’ Last Words
2. Jesus Ascension
3. Significance of the Ascension
a. Jesus is enthroned
b. Jesus is interceding for us
c. Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit
d. Jesus will come again
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. Going – share the Gospel in order to make disciples
2. Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3. Teaching them to observe His commands
4. Jesus will be with us
Disciple: A person united to Christ by faith, who makes a lifelong commitment to becoming conformed to the image of Christ and helping other do the same.
Matthew 28: 16-20
1. All authority GIVEN to Jesus
2. ALL Authority given to Jesus
3. Go, therefore and make disciples
The One Big Idea: Genesis 1 shows us the pattern on which we are to base our lives as God’s people.
1. Days 1 and 4 describe the same creative act from different perspectives that solve the problem of a dark and empty world.
2. Genesis 1 presents the model for how God wants his people to work.
3. The creation narrative tells us how God wants his people to order their lives.
1. Authority of the Commission
2. Focus of the Commission
3. Means of the Commission
d. Christ is With Us