1. The Man Judas
2. The Plot
3. The Tragic End
1. Peter’s Failure
2. Why Did Peter Fail
a. Not believing the words of Jesus
b. Trusting in his own strength/ abilities
c. Failing to persevere in prayer
3. Peter’s Repentance
Psalm 82, Deuteronomy 32:7-9
One Big Idea: Before time began, the Triune God created a heavenly host to join with mankind in stewarding and perfecting a creation that would glorify God as they enjoyed him forever. Sadly, some rebelled.
1. God has given created spiritual beings authority to act in our physical world to accomplish his immediate and long term will.
2. Man’s rejection of God brought God’s rejection of man. Lesser gods were given dominion but the redeeming grace of Yahweh would win in the end.
3. It is necessary to recognize the difference in worldview if we are to see the deeper truths of the Bible.
1. A Mock Trial
2. Jesus Testifies to His Deity
3. A Sentence is Announced
John 18: 1-12
1. Jesus In The Garden
2. Jesus’ Divine Conrtol
3. Jesus’ Protective Care
4. Jesus’ Willing Submission
1. Relationship to Yourself
2. Relationship to Your Work
3. Relationship to Your Wife
4. Relationship to Your Children
5. Relationship to Your Church/ Nation
6. Relationship to Your Grandchildren
The One Big Idea: Jesus, in His humanity, struggled with the cost of dying for our sins, but found victory over His struggle through prayer to the Father.
1. Jesus Goes to Gethsemane
2. Jesus Prays to the Father
3. Jesus Encourages Prayer
Applications: The wonder of Christ’s love for us, the need for fervent prayer, and the need to share our burdens with others.
The One Big Idea: God’s law must be the governing standard for Christians regardless of what may seem right in our own eyes.
1. A Pagan Morality (Judges 19:1-28)
The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties but right through every human heart.
2. A Prideful Problem (Judges 19:30-20:48)
A Christian cannot survive apart from the preaching and teaching of God’s word, corporate worship, and the confirming sacraments of his promises.
3. A Pragmatic Solution (Judges 21:1-23)
The grace of God in Christ to dwell with his people in spite of our sin is the greatest of all miracles.
1. Jesus Prays for Unity (vs 20-21)
2. Jesus Prays for Glory (vs 24)
3. Jesus Prays for Love (vs 25-26)